22 Online Marketers Secrets Revealed: The Marketing Gurus They Religiously Follow
Have you ever wondered what is the secret for the success of online marketers?
The answer is simple, they make it a point to follow, read and listen to great marketers in the field of online marketing.
In this article, I went ahead and asked these well known marketers on who they highly recommend people to follow.
While I was given the names of famous people, I also came across people who are under the radar and yet are considered the best in their fields.
I believe that these answers are very important if you really are interested in improving your knowledge and skills.
Consider this list as a list of an online marketer's - marketer, akin to who musicians' look up to when they are creating their music.
How about you? Who is your "Secret Marketer" Comment your answers below, so we could add it to the list.
(Note: This is an ongoing list, as such I will place the date it was last updated a I still scour the vast world of Google in searching for more marketers to share their well kept-secrets so stay tuned! Last Updated: 3/28/2018)
1. Umair Akram is a Digital Marketer and SEO Consultant with having more than 4 years of professional experience in the industry. He has worked with more than 30 companies and helped them increase their sales and profits. He is also the author of his blog “MyTechMag” and write about Blogging,Digital Marketing and SEO Tips.
“I recommend “Neil Patel” because I think that he's the only industry giant who tells you the core thing and his techniques really work.”
2. Suzanne Baran is an industry-leading Content Strategy and Digital Marketing expert. During her 18-year career she has driven digital strategy for the world’s most beloved brands such as Yahoo!, AT&T, Intel, Toyota, Cisco, Scottrade, DirecTV, FIJI Water, Sony, and other Fortune 500 and 100 companies. She helps brands become better, more efficient publishers.
“Neil Patel and Kevin P. Nichols. They are disruptors and educators in the space. Their blogs, books, templates, tools and talks are better than seminars I’ve taken. They’re innovative, thoughtful and ego-less to the degree that information transparency and dissemination trumps success secrets. Patel and Nichols are entrepreneurs in the educational practitioner space, a novelty to me. Neil’s Sprout blog, KISS metrics analytics product and Forbes blog are forever changing the landscape. He covers conversion optimization, marketing and sales topics.Nichols is an author, innovator and disruptor within the customer journey and content strategy discipline. He’s been my mentor for years and hired me to work at SapientNitro without having met or spoken to me. His faith in my experience and skillset propelled me to greater heights.”
3. Nate Dame has led SEO, content marketing, and influencer marketing campaigns for national and international brands. Now a regular speaker and columnist, Nate oversees client strategy and thought leadership for Propecta when he’s not too busy being husband and dad in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.
5. Jeet Banerjee is a 23 year old serial entrepreneur, digital marketing consultant, TEDx speaker and best selling author. Jeet began his journey at the age of 17 when he launched a multimedia agency before selling it two years later.
7. Zeb Welborn is the founder of Welborn Media and The Tutoring Solution, he is the host of The Defining Success Podcast, author of The Social Golf Course and creator of the Sharing Your Passion Essay Scholarship contest.
“Seth Godin, he's phenomenal.”
9. Adam Steele At 22, with no previous business experience, Adam left his day job to chase the dream of business ownership. He started out by peddling Gmail address’ by the bundle. Today, he leads a team of 30+, remote team members, runs 2 successful companies (is currently building 3, 4 & 5) and hosts The Steele Entrepreneur Show.
“I watch folks like Gary Vaynerchuk pretty closely. I am really interested in video marketing right now, and he's built a pretty impressive team and platform.”
“I like Wil Reynolds because he has done great things building his agency SEER and I like his view point on specific elements of digital marketing.”
11. Mike Ramsey is the founder of Nifty Marketing and Niftylaw. He also is a founding member of LocalUniversity and spends a lot of his time writing and speaking on digital marketing. He has a wonderful wife, 3 crazy kids, and does it all from Burley, Idaho
15. Jan Koch helps entrepreneurs set up systems grow their business online by leveraging today's technical capabilities, and free them from technical obstacles, so that they can focus on their main business.
She’s super smart when it comes to building businesses and coaching others to become successful entrepreneurs. Love her interviews and her challenge “7 Days to 1k”.”
“Marketing Guru? Hmmmm not too sure about that one, but there’s one professional marketer I would really recommend and that’s Don Purdum from UnveilTheWeb.com. Don’s a great friend and a great giver on crystal clear advice to bloggers, entrepreneurs, freelancers and small businesses who are interested in increasing their bottom line, through ultimately learning how to identify what business they're really in, and through powerful messaging.”
“Aside from online marketers like Benj Arriola and Neil Patel, I would highly recommend Trond Lyngbø for online marketers and SEOs to follow. This person, who’s the Senior SEO Consultant & Founder of Search Planet AS, shares insights and tips based on his experiences throughout handling clients for more than 10 years.One thing in common among the 3 known marketers I’ve mentioned, is that they share their secrets. Tried and tested secrets that made them successful in this business.”
“I would recommend Kulwant Nagi from BloggingCage.com as the guy knows what to do and promotes what he does in a very inspirational way so as to motivate others and not intimidate them through his achievements!”
19. Maxwell Ivey is a 49-year-old blind gentleman who grew up in a family of carnival owners. All he ever wanted to do was to continue in his father’s and grandfather’s footsteps and be part of the family business.
“I don't know if my friend Adrienne Smith would call herself a guru or not, but she taught me everything I know about relationship marketing.She showed me how you can use blog commenting and sharing other people's content to come to the attention of more well known bloggers.”
“I would have to go with Brian Dean because everything he publishes is just amazing”
• Peg Fitzpatrick –@PegFitzPatrick – Social Visual Marketing pro!
• Rebekah Radice – @RebekahRadice – Pinterest marketing expert!
• Mike Allton – @Mike_allton – Google+ Marketing pro!
• Pauline Cabrera – @Twelveskip – Social Content ‘gangsta’!
• Mari Smith – @MariSmith – Facebook marketing thought leader!
• Larry Kim – @LarryKim – Social PPC wizard!
• Kim Garst – @KimGarst – Social Selling pro!
• Ann Smarty – @AnnSmarty – Social Community expert!